These everything bars were inspired by Food52’s bulk bin bars recipe. I made these with just a few minutes on hand and had them ready to go in the morning. It was great! The bars could also be rolled into bite-sized balls for on the go snacks. Feel free to substitute any of the following ingredients, as I did with some of the original ingredients posted.
– 1 1/2 c oats
– 3/4 c cocoa dusted almonds
– 1/2 c cherry flavored cranberries
– 1/3 c chopped pecans
– 1/3 c chopped walnuts
– 1/2 c unsweetened coconut
– 1/4 c sunflower seeds
– 1/3 c ground flax
– 1/3 c honey
– 1 c peanut butter
– 1/4 c apple sauce (I just pureed a whole apple…)
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
2. Line a 13×9 baking pan with parchment
3. Spread bar mixture in pan
4. Freeze overnight. Cut into bars/bites!
Vegan Richa really knows what she’s doing. This recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites is seriously amazing. However, I wasn’t totally sold on it at first. The yield seems really small and I wasn’t sure about the texture. After I let the bites sit in the fridge, I had one…and another…then realized I was hooked.
It would be fun to play around with this recipe, perhaps using soaked cashews rather than almond meal, but that may change the consistency quite a bit.
Either way, these taste very similar to raw cookie dough and are a much healthier option!
Here is how I went about making them…
– 2 Tbls vegan butter
– 1/4 c brown sugar
– 2 Tbls almond milk
– 1 Tbls vanilla
– pinch of salt
– 3/4 c ground oats
– 3/4 c ground almonds
– 1/4 c sugar
– 1/2 c chocolate chips
1. Melt the butter in a small pan. Once melted, remove from heat and add the sugar, almond milk and vanilla
2. In a separate bowl, add the salt, oat flour and almond meal. Pour the wet mix into the dry. After everything is incorporated, fold in the chocolate chips. Set in the freezer for about 5 minutes
3. Roll into bite sized balls. Return to the freezer or enjoy right away!
The final type of raw bites I made were these chocolate covered peanut butter ones. I wrote down the wrong recipe for the coating, so it got a bit messy, but these taste delicious! I only used peanut butter and definitely recommend using almond in there too. I think it would be nice to play down on the peanut flavor by adding in another dimension. Overall, this was my most favorite bite out of the three. Try this out soon and let me know what you think!!
- 1/3 c peanuts
- 1/4 c peanut butter + 2 Tbls (almond or pb)
- 3 Tbls agave
- 1/4 c oats
- 3 Tbls peanut (or almond) butter
- 2 Tbls agave
- 2 heaping Tbls cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-3 Tbls almond milk
- Process center ingredients, form into balls and place in freezer
2. For the chocolate coating, blend all ingredients until smooth. Remove pb balls from freezer, dip in the coating and place on a lined cookie sheet. Return to freezer to let coating set