This Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo recipe from Half Baked Harvest is serious business. While their post gives the option for a fried cheese, I skipped that part and focused on adding some greens to the dish as it’s already pretty stocked with dairy. I slightly modified the ingredients so feel free to view both versions. This is a great way to utilize a portion of canned pumpkin as I can never seem to use one can on one recipe.
I hope you enjoy this delicious meal as much as I did!
- 4 tbls butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c whole milk
- 1 c cream
- 3/4 c pumpkin
- 2 c grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta noodle of choice – or keep it in the squash family and use the sauce over spaghetti squash!
- 12-16 oz fresh spinach
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, once browned, add the minced garlic
- Next, add the milk, cream and pumpkin. Whisk until everything is well combined. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, then add the parmesan (or other cheese of choice)
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta/squash. *Note, spaghetti squash will take a pretty long time to roast in the oven. Either way, once preferred noodle is cooked, add this to the sauce
- Wilt spinach by setting in a strainer over the cooking pasta – or sauté spinach in olive oil
- Serve pasta in a bowl and top with spinach