I took a risk on these cupcakes a few weeks ago and it was well worth it. I tried out a new recipe just before meeting up with friends for a weekend at the beach. The downside was they needed to be kept very cool, but the upside was everyone helped eat these as soon as we arrived – so keeping them cool was never an issue. The Greek yogurt bring a healthier balance to the usually overwhelming amount of cream cheese that’s found in cheesecake. Also, the crust has a fair amount of flax which I absolutely love.
I modified the recipe from Lauren Kelly Nutrition.
- Sliced strawberries
- Balsamic vinegar
Mix ingredients together and set aside.
Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 7 graham crackers (14 halves)
- 1/2 c ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter or coconut oil
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 small container of Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c sugar
1. In a food processor, breakdown the graham crackers
2. Add cracker crumbles to a bowl, add flax, sugar and cinnamon
3. Pour in the butter or oil
4. Press into cupcake liners. Let set in the fridge for 30 minutes
5. For the filling, combine cream cheese, yogurt, lemon, vanilla, sugar
6. Pour the filling (about 1-2 Tbls) onto the graham crust
7. Let the cupcakes set in the fridge for an hour or two. Top with strawberries