Bread has always scared the baking bejesus out of me. I think it’s because of all the kneading and waiting. I can be rather impatient when it comes to making foods. Sweet Paul posted this recipe that is very simple and not too time consuming. The only thing I would do differently next time is use a smaller cast iron skilled and omit the honey (the bread was a bit too sweet for me). I definitely encourage you to give this a try! My version was a bit on the dense side which would pair nicely with a soup or salad. Or, if you’re like me, slather it with Earth Balance butter.
Due to technical error, I can’t embed the movie. Here is Sweet Paul’s recipe…and visit the website, too!
- 1 c water, lukewarm
- 1 Tbls honey
- 1 Tbls dry yeast
- 4 Tbls olive oil
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh Rosemary
1. In a bowl, mix water, honey and yeast. Leave it sit for 5 minutes
2. Add flour, salt, and oil
3. Work the dough together with your hands
4. Cover with plastic and let it rise for an hour
5. Cook at 400F until bread is golden brown