I question whether certain food photos do more harm than good… While this baked portobello looks like something out of a horror film, it tasted delicious, and received a big “wow!” from my dining companion. I whipped up a pesto recipe a few days ago and froze it. When I came up with a meal idea, I let the pesto thaw at room temperature and it was good to go!
And, the gnocchi was from Whole Foods. Sometimes you need an easy out for a meal. Here is mine.
- 1/4 c walnuts
- 1/4 c fresh parmesan
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c sunflower or olive oil
- 5 c fresh spinach (I probably used closer to 6 c)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Blend everything together in a vitamin or food processor, freeze or use right away
For the Baked Parmesan Pesto Portobello
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly drizzle baking dish with olive oil
- Remove the caps and gils from two large portobello caps
- Season with salt and pepper, spread pesto over cap
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove, top with parmesan, bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted