Kale is one of my favorite foods to work with. I’ve made several kale salads before and this is definitely a keeper. Unfortunately I did not measure out the dressing, but I will do my best to give an estimate. Feel free to play around with it as needed.
I truly believe kale salads are an essential staple to have on hand. I usually make one batch a week and play around with different dressings for each one. Avocado based dressings are quite excellent since they provide a creamy texture and a healthy fat. When you finish this nutrient-packed meal, you feel fully satisfied!
– 1 bunch of kale
– 1 avocado
– 1 clove garlic
– 2-3 Tbls nutritional yeast
– 1-2 Tbls lemon juice
– 1/4 tsp cayenne
– salt/pepper to taste
– water to thin to desired consistency
1. Destem kale, tear into bite sized pieces. Massage with oil for 5 minutes or until tender and wilted. Rinse and set aside
2. In a blender/food processor, add avocado, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, cayenne, salt and pepper. Thin with water as needed. Pour over salad. I used about 2/3
3. Add in toppings such as raw sunflower seeds and shredded carrots