I’m reuniting with a friend that I met in South Africa this weekend and cannot wait! To make the day extra special, I made some awesome “everything cookies.” I call them everything because, well, it has a bit of everything in them; somewhat resemblant an everything bagel. They turned out a little crispy and crunchy, which is normally not my style of cookie (I’m a firm believer that all cookies should be soft and chewy), yet I love the complexity of each bite. You never know what you’ll get, maybe a piece of pretzel or perhaps a bite of granola… Forget all of those boring, generic cookies. Have fun and get creative with these everything cookies!
– 1 1/2 c flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 1/2 sticks softened butter (I used Earth Balance)
– 1 c sugar
– 1/2 c packed brown sugar
– 1 flax egg (1 Tbls flax + 3 Tbls water)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 c chocolate chips
– 1/2 c crushed pretzels
– 1/2 c pecans
– 1 c granola (highly recommend this one)
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients, set aside
2. Cream butter and sugars. Once they are well mixed, add the flax egg and vanila. Stir for a minute or two then slowly add the dry mixture.
3. After the flour has been added, fold in the remaining ingredients. Use a small ice cream scooper to measure out cookies. Roll into balls and place an inch or two apart. Freeze for about 20 minutes (or, if you live in a frozen tundra such as myself, let them sit outside for 10-15 minutes)
4. Preheat oven to 375F and bake for about 13 minutes
5. I made about 32 cookies with this recipe!