I don’t normally name dishes after myself, but, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I will undoubtedly make it again and again. The chickpeas give the salad protein packed goodness which makes it all the more satisfying. Also, by using oil, it is much lighter than pasta salads that are heavy cream based. You can easily make this vegan by omitting the feta or using a vegan cheese, Daiya is a great vegan cheese brand.
– 2 1/2 c fusilli pasta
– 6 oz feta
– 1/4 c capers
– 1/4 c chopped kalamata olives
– 2 roasted red peppers, diced
– 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed
– 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
– 1/2 c olive oil
– 1/4 c white wine vinegar
– 1/2 shallot, finely minced
– 1 tsp dried dill (use fresh if you can)
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water once it’s done
2. Stir remaining ingredients in a large bowl, add the pasta. Enjoy!