Of all the recipes I’ve explored, I’ll be completely honest in admitting that I’ve never once made a lasagna dish. A few months ago I did a spin on a mexi-lasagna, but that was with tortilla shells, not lasagna noodles. There is something about the long wavy noodles that has kept me at bay. Well, it was time to work through this silly fear and dive into a recipe by Isa (modified by Vegan Iowan). I spruced it up by adding some Daiya cheese slices, because what’s lasagna if it’s not filled with ooey, gooey cheesy goodness??
I can’t say how much I love this recipe. It is incredibly simple, quick, and so delicious. My boyfriend loved it, my parents loved it, and I am sure you will love it too!
- 8 oz lasagna noodles
- 1 jar pasta sauce (I used Newman’s garden mix)
- 1 block tofu
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbls dried basil
- Cook the lasagna according to the package
- Next, make the tofu mixture. Press liquid out of tofu then crumble into a bowl. Add nutritional yeast through basil and mix well (I used my hands)
3. After the lasagna has cooked, I preheat my oven to 375. Then, in a 9 x 13 pan, layer sauce, noodles, tofu, cheese; repeat
4. Cook for 20 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered