I made these taquitos tonight and they were muy delicioso! Next time, I think I’d make my own refried beans rather than using the canned kind. I also modified the recipe a bit. These would make a perfect party appetizer or for a full meal, serve with some rice and veggies.
- 1 15-ounce can vegan refried beans
- 1 c vegan Daiya pepperjack cheese shreds
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbls fresh lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- Canola spray
- Heat the oven to 425 F
- On the stovetop, put a skillet on medium-high heat. Cook tortillas for about 2 minutes or until slightly crisp
- Mix beans, peppers, cheese and lime juice. Spread on warmed tortillas. Roll up. Spray with canola. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder
4. Cook for 5 minutes, turn and cook for 5 more. Serve with salsa and veggies!