Despite the lengthy title, there is nothing of the sort when it comes to making it. Everything was ready in about 20 minutes and it tastes exquisite! The flavors of the roasted broccoli, cauliflower and garlic make each bite satisfying and enjoyable. The vegan sausage gives a nice texture and provides a boost in the flavor profile. I am biased and absolutely love Field Roast’s Apple Sage sausages. Field Roast also has an Italian sausage which also sounds great, but it has fennel seeds and I am not a fan of the fennel.
I hope you try this dish soon and enjoy it as much as I did!
Garlic Butter Pasta with Roasted Veggies and Vegan Sausages (serves 2)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 3 cloves garlic, rough chop
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 sausage link
- Vegan butter
- Toss the broccoli, cauliflower and garlic in oil. Roast in the oven at 450 F for 20 minutes, stirring every so often
- While the veggies are roasting, bring water to a boil for your pasta. Once boiling, add desired amount of pasta
- Next, slice the sausage into about 12 pieces. Sear them in a little oil until light brown then remove from heat
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and add desired amount of butter. Toss in veggies and sausages. Serve immediately