On a scale of 1-10 for overall amazing dishes, my baked cauliflower parmesan ranks a 20. I was so impressed with this dish. I look forward to making this again and sharing with others. I recommend you put this recipe in your queue ASAP. It’s too good to pass up!!
Baked Cauliflower Parmesan (serves 2)
- 1 head of cauliflower, sliced into 2 thick pieces (I tried slicing 4, but the ends crumbled)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 bag Daiya mozzarella cheese
- 6 meatless balls (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Pour some oil in a skilled, saute garlic. When fragrant, add the cauliflower steaks. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook 5 more; if it’s not brown enough, cook for an additional 2 minutes on each side. Season with desired spices, I used Gold and Garlic.
3. Add a few spoonfuls of sauce to layer an 8 x 8 pan. Put the steaks and meatlessballs in the pan and layer with more sauce
4. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Next, remove the foil and add cheese. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted
5. Serve immediately, preferably with a nice side of bread!