My professor shared a wonderful recipe with me yesterday, baked steel cut oats. It was simple to make and the flavors of the dish are amazing. I like to keep mine more neutral so I can jazz it up during the week, but feel free to add in a handful of nuts, raisins, and/or cranberries to the dish. You can also eat the oats right away or you can let them sit and cut them into bars. The bars are a bit flimsy, but they taste great. This is a perfect recipe to make on a Sunday night and enjoy over the week for breakfast and snacks. Definitely try this out!
Baked Steel Cut Oats
- 2 1/2 c steel cut oats ( I like Bob’s)
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp maple extract (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix all ingredients together except for the 1 c milk, reserve that for later
- Pour into a baking dish, bake for 20 minutes
- Add in extra milk and bake for additional 10-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed
- Let sit or enjoy right away!