The picture above does not do this meal justice. It was awesome! I made a simple wrap with a layer of Vegenaise chipotle mayo, shredded carrots, blackened tofu and lettuce.
For the broccoli, I cut up an entire head – stem and all – and coated it with a jalapeño olive oil, chipotle, nutritional yeast and garlic. I baked it at 350 F until tender.
The kale slaw is the best part! I modified a recipe from Kris Carr (see below). It turned out really good and I know it will get better as the dressing has time to settle into the slaw.
- 1 bunch of kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 bag of shredded carrots
- 1 bag of shredded slaw mix
- 1/3 c tahini
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbls vegan mayo
- 1/8 c water
- seasoning to taste (I used cayenne and garlic powder)
- Saute the kale in oil until tender
- Toss slaw ingredients together
- Mix dressing separately and combine well with slaw