I rarely post recipes that I haven’t been able to veganize, but this is one. I’ve chosen to post it because it is one of those recipes that are near and dear to my heart. When I think of the holiday foods and treats, they are not complete without my mom’s chow mein noodle cookies. The reason I haven’t been able to veganize is because the stores around me don’t carry dairy free butterscotch chips. I’ve found vegan chocolate chips just fine, but not butterscotch. And I don’t have the funds to purchase these from Vegan Essentials. Until I do, they will remain vegetarian.
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of butterscotch chips
- 1 bag of chow mein noodles
- Heat the chips in the microwave, or over a double boiler. Stir every so often until everything is melted together
- Break up the noodles by elbowing the bag on a countertop
- Add the broken noodles to the melted chocolate-butterscotch. Stir. Scoop onto wax paper and let harden