I am beyond broke right now and was in the mood for take out. Unfortunately, I can’t afford to get any. Instead, I created my own take-out meal tonight. I used Trader Joe’s beef-less strips, along with a few other minimal ingredients. I am amazed at how quickly this meal was ready and it tasted better than take out.
- 8 oz package of Trader Joe’s beef-less tips
- 2 small heads of broccoli
- 1/2 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tbls Bragg’s amino acids
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Saute the onion and broccoli in a little oil. After about 5 minutes, add the garlic, Bragg’s, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes
- After stirring for a few minutes, add in the strips
- Stir for a minute or two, add water (1/4 c approx.) and cover
- *optional: can add an arrowroot/corn starch slurry to create a glaze, I bypassed this, but you would use 1 tbls powder to 2 tbls water
- Leave cover on for 5 minutes. Add extra red pepper and sesame seeds to taste. Serve on top of rice. Enjoy!