Vegetables really amaze me sometimes. My parents live up in northern Minnesota. They had some light snow early this week, yet my dad just cut this beautiful eggplant for me to use. It was already starting to soften up so I needed to cook with it ASAP. This meal takes minutes to put together and needs a good 45 minutes in the oven, or until the eggplant is cooked. The thinner you slice the veggies, the less they will have to take, which I am sure you all know.
- one small eggplant, sliced 1/2-1/4″ rounds
- one red pepper, top cut, sliced whole
- half a container of Daiya havarti garlic cheese, sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Slice eggplant and lightly salt to let some moisture out. Also slice the red pepper
- Prepare a baking dish by coating generously with oil, assemble the eggplant with cheese and red pepper
3. Bake for 20 minutes, remove and add pasta sauce, and bake for 25-35 minutes longer