A friend of mine introduced me to tofu migas a few years ago. Migas have been adapted through cuisines over the years and I am modifying the traditional tex-mex version.
This dish had a lot more liveliness to it than a regular ol’ tofu scramble. I highly recommend you try this out!
- Corn tortillas
- 1 package of extra firm tofu (pressed)
- 1 poblano pepper (roasted, seeded, skin removed)
- banana pepper (really whatever peppers you have on hand)
- 1 tomato (feel free to add more veggies, this is sadly all that I had on hand…)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1-3 tsps water
- black salt
- Warm the tortillas in a cast iron skillet. Place inside the oven after so they remain warm
- Saute the peppers (not the poblano yet) in some oil. When soft, add in the poblano (chopped)
- Next crumble the pressed tofu and chopped tomato into the skillet
- While this is cooking, mix the dry spices together and add a few teaspoons of water to create a slurry. Add this to the skillet and begin cooking down until the liquid is absorbed/evaporated. Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and spread on some warmed up Eat Well Enjoy Life sweet and spicy black bean hummus
6. Top with the migas and serve with your favorite salsa. Enjoy!