…you’re killin’ me Smalls. Every time I hear of s’mores, I think of the movie The Sandlot. It’s a classic that all should see. In the film this kid called Smalls is lacking with “street cred” and when at a sleepover with all of his pals, he is clueless when asked if he wants a s’more. If any of you are finding yourselves ready to pull up a search tab, don’t fret. S’mores are simply toasted marshmallow sandwiched perfectly between chocolate and two graham crackers.
When I saw the Vegan Zombie do a s’more krispies recipe, I got ridiculously excited. My batch turned out a bit dry, so I may need to revamp it a bit. Regardless, these were delicious and were consumed by my friends and I in one night.
Vegan Zombie’s S’more Krispies recipe
- 2 c of vegan Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp. of Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 c of Crumbled Graham Crackers
- 3 c of Rice Krispies or Crisped Rice Cereal (I used puffed brown rice)
- 2 tbsp. of Agave Nectar
- 1/2 tsp. of Sea Salt (coarse)
- 3 tbsp. of vegan Chocolate
- Melt Earth Balance in sauce pot on medium heat.
- Add agave nectar.
- Save a few marshmallows and add the rest to pot and stir till melted.
- Add crisped rice cereal.
- Add crumbled graham crackers and stir
- Take off heat add to dish and spread evenly.
- Boil pot of water place glass bowl on top.
- Add vegan chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add salt to chocolate.
- Place marshmallows you set aside on top of treats.
- Drizzle chocolate of the top.
- Cut into squares.