I’ve only had vegan french toast from Seward Cafe, which is fricking amazing. I decided to gather ingredients and make Isa’s Fronch Toast which is also in her book Vegan with a Vengeance. I used Cinnamon Chip bread from Great Harvest Bread Company and I think this was the key ingredient.
I cut the pieces last night and let it sit out so it could get a little stale. I think this helps absorb the liquid.
- Loaf of Italian or French bread, baguette shaped, preferably stale
- 1/2 cup soy creamer (rice or soy milk would make a good substitute, preferably rice)
- 1/2 cup rice milk or plain soy milk
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup chickpea flower
- Several tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
It turned out so, so good!
Served with coffee out of my favorite cup!