I came across this recipe the other day for pumpkin cookies and have been looking forward to getting these in the oven. I did modify a few things. It calls for chocolate chips but the thought of chocolate and pumpkin didn’t do it for my taste buds. Instead, I added in some raisins. They turned out pretty good. The consistency is quite cakey and fluffy. It would have been nice to get some crunch in there, walnuts would be a great addition. next time.
I still have a bunch of pumpkin left over so stay tuned for the next installment of Pumpkin Mania!!
- 1 c all-purpose flour and 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c earth balance, softened and 1/2 c veg shortening
- 1/2 c regular sugar
- 1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
- 1 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour through salt)
- Beat sugars, butter and veg shortening
- Add pumpkin, milk and vanilla and mix well
- Mix dry into wet, stir until just combined
- Fold in raisins
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
Yields: 3 dozen cookies