Ok so I promise this is the last recipe I’ll show/test from Sweet Vegan. I have a massive amount of strawberry jam and needed a good recipe to utilize my abundant jam supply. It’s a really good one. Enjoy!
- 1/2 c earth balance
- 1/4 c evaporated cane juice (I used agave)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp egg replacer, whisked with 2 tbls warm water
- 1/2 c chopped almonds
- 1/2 strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350, line cookie sheets with foil or parchment
- Cream butter and cane juice (agave) til light and fluffy. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Add flour and salt. Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add egg replacer, mix for 30 seconds. Once a ball forms, stop mixing, wrap and refridgerate for an hour.
- Roll chilled dough into 1″ balls. Roll the balls through the chopped almond pieces. Put on lined cookie sheet and press your thumb in the center. Fill with 1/2 tsp of jam.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they have browned.