Every time I hear of banana pancakes, I think of the song by Jack Johnson. However, two weekends ago (not this weekend, when I was bombarded with sneezing, coughing and fatigue), I decided to actually make banana pancakes. I took a recipe from this 500 Vegan Recipes book I got for Christmas and jazzed ‘er up a bit. Enjoy!
- 1 scant cup soy milk
- 1/2 c all purpose flour and 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbl sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbls vegetable oil (I used canola)
- Equivalent to 1 egg (1 tbl flax + 3 tbls water)
- 1 banana sliced
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients
- Slowly mix wet into dry
- Put dollops onto a hot greased (with spray/oil/etc) pan, then put sliced bananas on top of dollops
I have been craving beefless stew for quite some time. After tasting Gardein’s beefless tips, I knew I had to try this recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 tbl oil
- 10 oz pearl onions (I used yellow)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 stalks of finely sliced celery
- 2 medium carrots (I used purple and orange)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 tbls flour
- 3 c beefless broth (I used veg broth)
- 1 c dry red wine (I used Cab Sauv)
- 2 medium potatoes (I used purple, yellow, white and red)
- salt and pepper to taste (be careful on the salt, some broths are super high in sodium!)
- 1 pkg of Gardein beefless tips
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat, add beefless tips and brown on all sides. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
Add pearl onions, garlic and celery to saucepan and cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots, thyme, and rosemary and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle in flour, then slowly add broth and wine while stirring.
Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add beefless tips back in and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.