I haven’t had much luck creating dishes on the fly until this one. I came across a recipe for a toasted quinoa and veggies dish, but when it came time to make it, I couldn’t find the recipe anywhere. So, I made do with what I could recall from memory (which ends at toast quinoa for 5 minutes. Everything turned out really well. I will definitely make this again!
Smokey Quinoa with Summer Squash
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c water
- oil (I used sunflower)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 summer squash, quartered
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 c Daiya cheese
- Toast quinoa for 5 minutes
- In a separate pan saute onion, after a few minutes add in squash and cumin
- When veggies are tender add the toasted quinoa, water and sauce
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until quinoa is cooked
- Add Daiya and let sit until melted. Serve with steamed veggies. Enjoy!
**UPDATE: Lol, found the site I was looking for! It’s a FoodPress blog called Baking with Basil. I wasn’t that close with the ingredients and process, but oh well. I made do!