I must have been bitten by the baking bug this week, because I have made a sweet variety of treats. I started off the week by baking Isa Chandra Moskowitz’s Vanilla Agave cupcakes…it is seriously the best cupcake that I have ever made.
- 2/3 c soy milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 c light agave nectar
- 1/3 c canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/3 c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line cupcake pan and pre-heat oven to 325F
- Mix milk and apple cider vinegar, let sit and curdle. Then beat in agave, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Sift in dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Fill liners two-thirds full, bake for 20-22min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat 1/4 c shortening with 1/4 c butter until combined and fluffy.
- Add 1 3/4 c powdered sugar, beat for 3-5min.
- Add 3/4 tsp vanilla and 1/8 c milk (more if needed). Beat until fluffy!
Later in the week I attempted brownies and classic chocolate chip cookies. I wasn’t thrilled with the way either turned out, so I am not going to share those recipes. If you really want them, I will, but I am on a quest to find a hype-able recipe. If you have any suggestions for recipes I can try out, please share!